An exciting new job opportunity has arisen at the McKee gallery. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the McKee team during our busy and exciting Christmas period. Please read below for details.
Retail Christmas Assistant
Job Type: part-time (Temporary)
Working week: Four days (32 hours) which will fall between Tuesdays - Saturdays
Duration: 18th October - 19th December
Pay: £10.00 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic retail assistant to work four days a week. The days you will work will vary each week but will always be between Tuesday to Saturday. Each working day will start at 9am and finish at 5pm. Occasionally there will be the opportunity to work overtime. The retail assistant will provide excellent customer service to customers visiting the gallery, providing support for the gallery supervisor.
- To provide excellent customer service to customers visiting the gallery for collect in store items and over the phone
- To process online orders, both for collect in store and to be packaged up for delivery
- To use the online system to locate customer orders
- To use our printer and printing software
- To support the gallery supervisor and other members of staff when needed
- To make sure the gallery is well presented and stocked up with products throughout the day, providing general housekeeping when needed
- To become familiar with the art prints and products
- To assist with the moving of stock, lifting and storing of boxes
- Experience working in customer service with an understanding of how to use card machines and tills
- The retail assistant will be friendly, trustworthy, confident and outgoing, with an ability to provide excellent customer service at all times
- An ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Experience of using a Mac
- Well organised with a good eye for detail
- Must be able to start work W/C 18th October
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter, stating why you think you are suitable for the job, to email@example.com
The deadline for applicants is midday Sunday 3rd October.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th October.