Earlier this year Pete toured his latest exhibition, Don't Adjust Your Mindset in both London and Sheffield. In 20 days nearly 9,000 people attended. Due to the popularity of the show, it is now a virtual exhibition with brand new features! These include an interview with Pete, a competition, with the opportunity to be part of the online show and a DAYM exhibition shop including original paintings.
DAYM represents the greatest seismic shift in Pete's long and distinguished career. The show consists of paintings, sculptures, photographs and prints that predominantly explore modern British life and how we communicate today.
The idea behind the exhibition came after Pete spent a lot of time on social media during the pandemic. This show is a way of organising his thoughts on some of the things he encountered online, therefore the themes are varied and include: digital dependence, climate change, police brutality and socioeconomic disparity.
Enter website below
How to get involved
- All you have to do is make your own meme! Select a photograph or an image of your choice - it can be of anything you want, pets, food, people, inanimate objects, films, celebrities, so get creative!
- Email the image to firstname.lastname@example.org along with caption text to go with your image. Please make sure the text is short and sweet so we can fit it over your image. For example, see the memes in the video above.
- The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday the 12th of October. Every entry will be displayed on the Don't Adjust Your Mindset exhibition website!
- There will also be a first, second and third prize winner.
- First prize is a large framed print of your choice signed by Pete McKee.
- Second prize is a McKee gift voucher worth £100.
- Third prize is a McKee gift voucher worth £50.
- Good luck and have fun!
Click the image below to view the Don't Adjust Your Mindset exhibition shop, featuring products, prints and original paintings.